Leg Up Farm – York, PA
Leg Up Farm, a non-for-profit organization, built a new 16,000 square foot LEED® Silver comprehensive developmental and therapeutic center for children in York, Pennsylvania.
Stick build with wall insulation of R-19 consisting of ¾” boardSpecifications
- Spry soy-based foam insulation filled the wall cavity
- Roof insulation: R-30 installed on the bottom cord of the trussed with drywall below
- Variable Cooling and Heating Refrigerant System 12 EER
- Energy Recovery Ventilator for conditioning out door air
- High-efficiency T5 fluorescent lighting systems with automated controls are used throughout the building
- Energy consumption is estimated to be 43% less than the ASHRAE baseline and has other sustainable features including: regional materials, low VOC materials, 40% water reduction, and low mercury lamps
During construction special attention was paid to protect the entire HVAC system to keep it free of dust. This required a detail construction plan for all parties involved.
Paragon’s Services Included
- Mechanical & Electrical Engineering
- LEED Documentation For All Trades
- Construction Administration
- Tax Evaluation